4S Fleet Management System is designed to automate maintenance management and to follow-up with the company’s fleet of vehicles and machines. The system offers technical and administrative information to all levels of management and which helps in decision-making. The system controls and follows-up the preventive fleet maintenance to keep the company’s assets, ensure the optimum use of resources, and avoid sudden breakdowns and misuses and thereby helping to achieve the highest return for the company. The main purpose of the system is to reduce the time spent in follow-up operations and to save time in order to follow up and improve performance.
4S Fleet Management System
4S System's features
- Asset management lifecycle.
- Driver payroll.
- Order capture and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Fleet planning – consolidation, fleet versus common-carrier trade-offs, multi-leg, multi-mode
- High effective fleet resource optimization and execution
- Payables – driver pay, independent contractors, and external service providers
- Billable – bill customers for service, asset usage
- Cost accruals and revenue recognition
- Damages, claims and dispute management bottom of Form
- Saving all the fleet data (vehicles-equipment).
Fleet management system Data:
- Recording data of each vehicle and tool in the fleet.
- Preparing a special electronic file for each tool as to cover all the administrative and technical data of the vehicle, whether it is still in the fleet or has been sold.
- Recording the equipment’s images in the database for easy access.
- Driver and equipment assignment, and utilization.
- Asset tracking.
- Asset inventory management at asset pool locations.
- Driver dispatch, mobile communications.
- Costing – fleet, external service providers, special services, accessorial.
- Scheduling and following up the preventive maintenance of the fleet.
- Recording, following up, analyzing, and controlling the consumed fuel and oil.
- Analyzing the preventive maintenance.
- Recording incidents and following up on the repairs.
- Recording the suppliers’ data.
- Recording repairs and their costs of spare parts and laborers …etc.
- Issuing various reports including the history of the car or the tools.
- The safety and confidentiality of the information system.
- Recording detailed data of suppliers.
- Recording the drivers’ data for following-up the operating.